Thank you for choosing to apply for the Filmmaking Diploma . Your application should reflect the standard of work you are able to deliver, therefore please take care to ensure you present it to the highest standard. Please complete all documents in English.
Submit the online application form
Please print out the Application Checklist and send all supporting materials listed below to:
Admissions, London Film Academy, 52a Walham Grove, London SW6 1QR
- Written sample of work, at least one of the following:
- short film script (specify no. of pages and genre)
- feature film script (first 20 pages only, specify genre)
- film critique (max 500 words)
- Visual sample of work, at least one of the following:
- DVD/web link to a film you have made (specify duration, genre and your production role )
- presentation of a storytelling series of photos (storyboard)
- project which reflects your interest in filmmaking
- Two references with contact details (academic or professional)
- Your current CV / Resume
- Administration fee of £50 (non-refundable; can be paid by credit/debit card*, cheque, or bank transfer)
- Two passport size photos
- Bursary/Scholarship applicants only:
A personal statement (max 500 words) outlining your need for financial assistance and why you should be awarded a Bursary/Scholarship from London Film Academy. NB Please check the deadline for bursary and scholarship applications next to the course start date (Course Fees and Dates)
NB. For NON EU Residents requiring a Tier 4 General Student Visa, please see our visa information section.
Once we have received your application form with all supporting materials we will invite you to an interview.
If you are accepted on the course you will be required to submit a non-refundable deposit of £4,500** towards tuition fees. The balance of the tuition fees is required at least four weeks before the start of the course. If LFA has not received your deposit within four weeks of your acceptance on the Filmmaking Diploma course your place will be revoked.
For further payment details and refund policy please read our Terms and Conditions.
* NB. There is a 2.4% fee for credit/international debit card payments
** The deposit will only be refunded if an overseas student has been refused entry to the UK on conditions set out in 9.3 of our Terms and Conditions.